Article 1: Scope
1.1. Contracts entered into by the hotel and guest(s), and any related contracts, conform to the stipulations of these terms and conditions. Any stipulations not made herein shall comply with existing laws, statutes, and regulations, or generally-established practices.
1.2. Where the hotel agrees to comply with a special clause that does not contravene laws, statutes, and regulations, or generally-established practices, that special clause shall take precedence, the terms of the preceding clause notwithstanding.
Article 2: Application for hotel contract
2.1. Persons seeking to apply for use of the hotel shall present the following information:
Intended dates of stay and expected arrival time
Payment (as a rule, base rate as seen on Table 1)
Other information the hotel deems necessary
2.2. Where hotel guests exceed the dates of stay stipulated in Item 2 of the preceding Clause and apply to extend their stay, the hotel shall treat this as a new application for hotel contract effective the date said extension is applied for.
Article 3: Entering into hotel contract
3.1. Hotel contracts go into effect at the time the hotel consents to the application as described in the preceding Article.
The above may not apply where the hotel demonstrates that it has not made such consent.
3.2. Where a hotel contract goes into effect per the terms of the preceding Clause, guests of the hotel shall pay the application fee stipulated by the hotel, the maximum being the base rate for the given number of dates of stay (or a maximum of 3 days for a length exceeding three days), by the date specified by the hotel.
3.3. Application fees shall be used towards the final hotel rates payable by the guest; where circumstances defined in Article 6 and 18 occur, said fees shall be used towards breach of contract fees and then towards compensation, in that order. Any remaining amount shall be returned following payment of the amount as stipulated in Article 12.
3.4. Stipulation of a payment date for application fees as per Clause 2 above shall be limited to those cases where the hotel notifies the guest of said intent.
Article 4: Special clauses where application fees are not required
4.1. The terms of Clause 2 of the preceding Article notwithstanding, the hotel may comply with special clauses stipulating that the application fees described above are not required.
4.2. Where the hotel does not seek the application fees stipulated in Clause 2 of the preceding article, or where the hotel does not specify a payment date for said application fees, it shall be treated as having invoked the special clause above.
Article 5: Refusal of hotel contract
The hotel reserves the right to refuse a hotel contract for any of the reasons below.
1. If the application for stay does not conform to these terms and conditions;
2. If there are no rooms available due to full occupancy;
3. If the person or persons seeking to stay at the hotel engage in activities that might contravene laws, statutes, and regulations, or disturb the peace or the common weal, or where there is a risk of the same;
4. If any of items A through C below are found to apply to the person or persons seeking to stay at the hotel:
A. Organized crime syndicates (“organized crime syndicates”) as defined in Article 2, Item 2 of the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (1991 Statute #77) , organized crime syndicate members (“organized crime syndicate members”) as defined in Article 2, Clause 6, or associates or affiliates of organized crime syndicates, or other anti-social forces;
B. A company or organization the activities of which are controlled by an organized crime syndicate or the members thereof;
C. A corporation the executives of which include members of organized crime syndicates
5. Where the person or persons seeking to stay at the hotel have caused undue disturbance to other guests;
6. Where the person or persons seeking to stay at the hotel are found to be the carrier(s) of an infectious disease;
7. Where the customer makes a violent demand or request that exceeds the reasonable grounds of services offered by an accommodation facility;
8. Where natural disasters, damage to the facilities, or other acts of God or force majeure render stay at the hotel impossible;
9. Where the person attempting to stay at the hotel is inebriated and disturbing, or may disturb, other guests;Where causing undue disturbance to other guests;
10. Where the person attempting to stay at the hotel previously failed to pay hotel fees or was involved in a similar incident;
11. Where the person makes a request that the hotel undertake liability that exceeds the reasonable scope for an accommodation facility.
Article 6: Customer’s right to terminate contract
6.1: Guests can request that the hotel cancel their hotel contract.
6.2. Where canceling a contract, in whole or in part, for causes imputable to the guest (excludes cases where, per Article 3, Clause 2, the hotel stipulates a date for payment of application fees and requests their payment and the guest files for cancellation in advance of said payment), the hotel collects breach of contract fines as stipulated per Table 2.Where the hotel complies with the terms of Article 4, Clause 1, payment of breach of contract for cancellation of contract shall apply only to those cases where the hotel notifies the guest.
6.3: Where a guest does not arrive at the hotel on the intended date of stay before 8:00 PM (or where the date of arrival has been explicitly stated in advance, two hours after said time) and does not notify the hotel, the guest shall be held to have withdrawn from the contract.
Article 7: Hotel’s right to terminate contract
7.1. The hotel reserves the right to cancel a hotel contract for any of the cases below:
Where the person or persons seeking to stay at the hotel may engage in acts that are in breach of laws, statutes, and regulations, or disturb the peace or are in contravention of the public weal;
Where a guest is found to be the carrier of an infectious disease;
Where unable to allow the guest to stay for reasons imputable to force majeure or other cause;
Where the person attempting to stay at the hotel is inebriated and disturbing, or may disturb, other guests; Where causing undue disturbance to other guests;
Where the individual is an identified crime syndicate or crime syndicate member (“organized crime syndicate” and “organized crime syndicate member,” respectively) per the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (promulgated in March 1, 1992), or an associate or affiliate of organized crime syndicates, or other anti-social forces;
A company or organization the activities of which are controlled by an organized crime syndicate or the members thereof;
A corporation the executives of which include members of organized crime syndicates;
Where causing undue disturbance to other guests;
Where engaging in violence, threatening, extortion, unreasonable or intimidating demands, or making requests that exceed a reasonable scope, or where deemed to have engaged in similar acts previously;
Where violating the prohibitions of the hotel;
Where found smoking in bed, tampering with fire-fighting equipment, or otherwise violating the prohibitions of the hotel (violating the stipulations to prevent a fire is limited to only those violations necessary);
7.2. Where the hotel cancels a contract per the preceding clause, it shall not bill the guest for any services not yet rendered.
Article 8: Registration of stay
1. On the date of their stay, guests shall register the following information with the hotel:
Guest name(s), age(s), sex(es), address(es), and occupation(s)
Persons from overseas shall register their nationality, passport number, and place and date of entry into the country.
Departure date and planned time of departure
Other information the hotel deems necessary
8.2: Where guests intend to pay for the fees stipulated in Article 11 with other forms of payment in lieu of a credit card, they shall present said means of payment in advance at the time of registration as described in the previous clause.
Article 9: Guest room usage hours
9.1: Guest rooms in the hotel are usable by guests from 4:00 PM to 10:00 AM the following day.
9.2. The terms above notwithstanding, the hotel may consent to use of guest rooms for hours other than those stipulated above.In the case above, the following fees shall apply. 1,080 JPY for each hour stayed past the designated time.
1. Evacuation route from guest rooms: defined elsewhere
2. Non-guests are not permitted to stay overnight at the hotel.
3. Guests acknowledge that long-term stays due not make them subject to rights conferred in laws governing residence.
4. Minors not accompanied by parents or guardians cannot stay at the hotel.Those with conditions that cause loss of mental control and would disturb other guests, such as psychological breakdown, use of drugs and alcohol, etc., cannot stay at the hotel.
10.2. Room locks
5. Since this is an old building, there are no locks installed on the doors.
6. If leaving a room during your stay, the guest responsible for securing valuables and luggage.
When meeting visitors at night, please do so off the hotel grounds.
10.4. Guest rooms
1. All areas within the hotel are non-smoking.Smoking in rooms, common areas, and any other part of the grounds is expressly prohibited.Please smoke only in designated areas.
2. Guests shall not use heating or cooking implements, open flames, candles, or other equivalent devices in guest rooms or halls without the express consent of the hotel.Guests shall not cook or consume food within guest rooms.
3. Guests shall not make use of guest rooms for sales activities, office activities, parties, or other uses other than overnight accommodations without the express consent of the hotel.
4. Guests shall not move equipment in, create new equipment in, or modify the appearance of guest rooms without the express consent of the hotel.
5. Guest shall not take items and articles within guest rooms outside of the room.
1. Storage of cash, precious metals, and other valuables during guests’ stay shall be at the sole discretion of the guest.
The hotel waives liability for theft or loss of articles stored in lockers.
10.6. Lost articles
1. The storage period for lost articles shall be three days, including the day of initial discovery. After that time, the articles will be delivered to the nearest police station.
10.7. Parking lot
1. The hotel does not offer a parking lot.Guests will be guided to nearby parking lots they can use at their own discretion.
10.8. Bill settlement
1. Payment of fees shall be made in cash, credit card, or other forms of payment recognized by the hotel.
2. Note that the hotel may request a deposit upon arrival.
3. Guests may be asked to settle their bill at certain points during their stay.At that time, the guest is required to pay immediately.Where the hotel requests payment and it is not made, the guest may be required to vacate and return the room.
4. If payment is being made by a party other than that staying at the hotel and payment is not made by the stipulated date, the hotel requests payment directly from the guest.
10.9. Guests shall not bring the articles below into the hotel, or engage in the acts below, as they can disturb other guests.
1. Dogs, cats, birds, and other pets.The above excludes seeing-eye dogs.
2. Inflammable items.
3. Malodorous or poisonous items.
4. Other items prohibited by law.
5. Engaging in gambling, intimidating behavior, or behavior that would disturb or discomfort other guests, including but not limited to loud noises.
6. Movement of fixtures or use for purposes other than intended.
7. Distributing advertisements or promotional materials, sale of merchandise, or solicitations.
Article 11: Hotel liability
11.1. The breakdown of hotel rates paid by guests and computation scheme therein shall follow that described in Table 1.
2. Payment for the above rates shall be made in cash, by credit card, or another equivalent form the hotel designates, at the time of departure from the hotel or another time the hotel designates, and on the hotel premises.
11.3: Where the hotel provides a guest with a room and it is in a usable condition, hotel rates apply even where the guest voluntarily chooses not to stay at the hotel.
Article 12: Payment of charges
12.1. The hotel shall compensate guests for any damages sustained from execution of this hotel contract or related contracts, or for the non-execution of the same.Note that the above may not apply where the above damages are by causes not imputable to the hotel.
12.2. The hotel shall enroll in hotel liability insurance in order to prepare for the potential of a fire or other emergency.
Article 13: Where the room contracted for is unavailable
13.1. Where the hotel is unable to provide the room for which a guest contracted, the hotel shall, having obtained the consent of the guest, introduce an equivalent lodging facility to the extent possible.
13.2: The terms of the above clause notwithstanding, where the hotel is unable to introduce an equivalent lodging facility, the hotel shall pay compensation equivalent to breach of contract fees to the guest and this compensation be used against the sum total of damages.The aforementioned compensation shall not be paid in cases where a room cannot be provided for reasons not imputable to the hotel.
Article 14: Storage of guest luggage and articles
14.1. Where guest luggage arrives at the hotel before a guest, the hotel shall store said luggage only where it gave advance consent to do so; luggage shall be given to guests upon check-in.
14.2. If a customer’s luggage or personal belongings remain left at the hotel after check-out, the hotel, where it is able to determine the owner, shall contact the owner and request instructions on the disposition of the luggage.However, where no instructions are given from the owner or where the owner cannot be found, the luggage is stored for a period of 3 days from the date of discovery and is then delivered to the nearest police station.
14.3: Hotel obligations for insurance on guest luggage and/or articles per the preceding clause conform, in the case of Clauses 1 and 2 above, to the terms of Article 13, Clause 2.
Article 15: Guest liability
15.1. Any damages sustained by the hotel for causes imputable to a guest, whether willfully or through negligence, shall be paid by the guest to the hotel.
Article 16: Personal information
Table 1: Calculation of rates (Article 2, Clause 1, Article 3, Clause 2, and Article 12, Clause 1)
Total amount payable by guest
1. Base rates are based on the rate table provided by the hotel.
2. Where the applicable tax acts and ordinances are amended and the hotel tax and consumption tax rates above change, the new changes shall apply.
3. Where the hotel authorizes use of a room for purposes other than accommodations and the guest requests said use, the hotel tax shall not apply.Exact consumption tax amounts are levied per hotel ordinances issued by Beppu City.
Table 2: Penalties (pertains to Article 6, Clause 2)
Number of applications
1. % is the penalty rate for breach of contract charged against the base rate.
2. If the originally contracted dates of stay are decreased, a charge equivalent to one day of stay (first day), regardless of the number of new dates of stay, is levied.